Friday, May 16, 2008

Passionate about ?

I have always been passionate about three things; Cooking, Singing & Acting, but by profession, i am a software engineer and i do enjoy it. I have been in this profession since four years. But unfortunately i had to take a break for few months because the company i was working for two years could not assign work to me any more.
I was so upset because i would earn nothing for a period and had a sense of job insecurity too (i knew, finding a new job was not a big deal, for me but i am in US for just next two months and for this small period i would not struggle).

Then god shown me a ray of hope. I was cooking a lot since i moved to US, so i just thought of starting cooking classes because i had seen many people who would love Indian and Vegetarian food here. I just planned and posted some fliers at few places and some people seemed to be interested. And now i am enjoying welcoming and introducing people to the world of spices, Indian Cooking!!! Such a nice break!!!

I never thought that i would really ever get chance to do something interesting in any one of my passions but wow, i got a chance to do lots of cooking and now i am running cooking classes for a while.

What i have learned from this situation is "never get upset and believe in yourself", this belief can turn worst thing into the best thing in your life. grin !!

No comments: